SeaRobotics Corporation is a leading developer of autonomous surface vehicles (ASVs), remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), and other integrated electromechanical systems. We are building game-changing unmanned solutions that help our clients streamline operations, increase work safety, and reduce the environmental impact of their maritime industries.
We are looking for talented and competent CNC Mill/Lathe Machinists that thrive in a fast-paced environment to join our high precision manufacturing team. Our manufacturing team is focused on making low volume, high precision parts, for our products and our premier customers in commercial, medical and theme park arenas.
The ideal candidate is someone motivated, ambitious, forward thinking, who can use sound practices to program, fixture and produce precision machine parts.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will work closely with other shop staff to setup, machine and inspect plastic and metal components on CNC mills and lathes. You will be responsible for programming, selecting tools and calculating the appropriate cutting speeds, feeds, and depths of cuts to produce high tolerance parts. You be a critical part of a team that is setting the bar for emerging ocean technologies.
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience machining tight tolerance parts in a short run job shop environment
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and CAD models
- Able to write or modify existing programs in CAM and run simulations prior to making cuts to prove out the program
- Experience with Fanuc controls
- Properly use precision measurement instruments
- Ability to produce parts and maintain high tolerances as required
- Ability to adapt to quick changes in schedule
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift / move 50 lbs.
- Experience operating and programing live tooling lathes - Okuma knowledge a plus
- Troubleshoot non-conforming or unexpected results; adjust programs as necessary
- In depth knowledge of tooling and fixturing a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Shop Supervisor/ Production Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Applicants must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies.
Letters of recommendation will be required.
SeaRobotics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All employees and qualified applicants are treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries/discussions/disclosures, or any other status protected by law.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.