We are looking for an experienced electrical / electronic systems engineer to join our industry leading team. You will be designing, developing, testing and maintaining our unmanned vessels and robotic underwater solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will test and experience the designs that you help create. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in being part of a capable team developing industry disrupting technologies. The ideal candidate is someone creative, ambitious, forward thinking, and ready to develop robust intuitive systems. The accepted candidate will become a subject matter expert in aspects of maritime unmanned systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the design and detail of electrical systems from block diagram to board design with an emphasis on design for manufacturability. This position is equal parts prototyping, product enhancement, and design for production. You will be working on ASVs, ROVs, underwater hull cleaning robots and supporting subsystems such as navigation, propulsion, sensing, perception, and winching systems. You will also investigate field issues identify root cause and propose resolutions.
- Minimum 4 - 7 years’ experience designing and manufacturing of tightly integrated systems
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Experience with autonomous systems highly desirable
- Experience with PC-104
- PIC programming and limited software development
- Extensive experience with analog and digital signal processing and associated cabling and connectors
- In depth understanding of communication protocols (RS-232, RS-485, CAN, NMEA 2000, Ethernet)
- Working experience with AC and DC power conversion and ground isolation methodologies, gateways and networking, motors and motor controllers, PID/state space based real-time control system methods
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automated marine systems, ASV/ROV/AUV
- PLC integration and programming experience
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with network integrated systems
- Experience with various RF communication systems, such as direct line of sight, cellular, satellite
- Experience with Visio and/or SolidWorks Electrical
- Experience with ROS and MOOS
- Experience with nVidia Jetson
- Knowledge of programming tools
- Knowledge of design tools Altium, OrCAD, Allegro, Eagle
- Experience with GNSS, inertial navigation, telemetry, autopilot, electric, hybrid and combustion propulsion systems
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Engineering Manager/VP of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies.
Letters of recommendation will be required.