We are looking for a software developer with the vision and motivation to help us drive our technology forward. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in being part of a capable team developing industry disrupting technologies. The ideal candidate is someone creative, ambitious, forward thinking, and ready to develop robust intuitive systems for marine and coastal applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be one of the company’s lead software developers and work closely with other senior staff to define and execute the development roadmap for our unmanned systems. You will be responsible for defining requirements for high- and low-level system control, user experience and interfacing (UX/UI), advanced perception and navigation algorithm development. You will be a critical part of a team that is setting the bar for emerging ocean technologies.
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Advanced degree (MA or MS) or equivalent experience in computer science, software engineering or similar field
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in development of tightly integrated control systems with a focus in autonomous systems
- Ability to understand high level requirements and convert to detailed statement of work in connection with development projects
- Ability to create project development schedules and report on status to senior management
- Experience developing command/control algorithms and user interfaces for integrated unmanned and autonomous systems
- Proficient with C, C++, and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Expertise with tools for software design, documentation, and configuration management
- Experience with ROS and MOOS
- Knowledge of programming tools (Labview, Matlab)
- Experience with GNSS, inertial navigation, telemetry, autopilot, electric, hybrid and combustion propulsion systems and motor controls
- Experience with architecture and implementation of autonomous systems
- Experience with perception, detection, and object classification systems
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Engineering Manager/VP of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies.
Letters of recommendation will be required.