We are looking for an experienced engineer, with electronic systems expertise to join our industry leading team. You will be coordinating as well as designing, developing, testing our unmanned vessels and robotic underwater solutions. This is a “player/coach” position with increasing supervisory responsibilities over time. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in building a capable team developing industry disrupting technologies. The ideal candidate is someone creative, ambitious, forward thinking, and ready to assist in defining product roadmaps as well as developing robust intuitive systems. The accepted candidate will become a subject matter expert in aspects of maritime unmanned systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for developing product roadmaps, as well as the design of electrical systems from block diagram to board design with an emphasis on design for manufacturability. This position will rapidly progress into providing strategic management of the engineering team. You will be working on ASVs, ROVs, underwater hull cleaning robots and supporting subsystems such as navigation, propulsion, sensing, perception, and winching systems. You will also supervise the investigation of field issues, identifying root cause and proposing design evolutions.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience designing and managing the development and manufacturing of tightly integrated automated/autonomous systems
- BS Degree in Engineering required, advanced degree highly desirable
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Experience with computing platforms, such as PC-104
- Embedded system/PIC programming
- Extensive experience with analog and digital signal processing
- In depth understanding of communication protocols (RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Ethernet)
- Working experience with AC and DC power conversion and ground isolation methodologies, gateways and networking, motors and motor controllers, PID/state space based real-time control system methods
- Experience with autonomous systems highly desirable
- Experience with automated marine systems
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Visio and SolidWorks Electrical
- Experience with ROS and MOOS
- Knowledge of analysis and programming tools
- Knowledge of design tools Altium, OrCAD, Allegro, Eagle
- Experience with GNSS, inertial navigation, telemetry, autopilot, electric, hybrid and combustion propulsion systems
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Engineering Manager/VP of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies.
Letters of recommendation will be required.