We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join our industry leading team. You will be designing, developing, testing, and maintaining our unmanned vessels, robotic deployment and recovery systems and underwater vehicle systems. This is a hands-on position where you will test and experience the designs that you help create. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in being part of a capable team developing industry disrupting technologies. The ideal candidate is someone creative, ambitious, forward thinking, and ready to develop robust and reliable systems. The accepted candidate will become a subject matter expert in aspects of maritime unmanned systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the design and detail of mechanical systems from concepts to detailed design with an emphasis on design for reliability and manufacturability. This position is equal parts prototyping, product enhancement, and design for production. You will be working on ASVs, ROVs, underwater hull cleaning robots and supporting subsystems such as propulsion, sensor deployment/recovery, and winching systems. You will also investigate field issues, identify root causes, and propose resolutions.
- Minimum 4 - 7 years’ experience designing and manufacturing of tightly integrated systems
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience designing and integrating mechanical systems including structural, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrically powered machinery
- Experience using Solidworks CAD system including Solidworks PDM Professional
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation package generating Finite Element Analysis structural reports on component parts and sub-assemblies
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Experience with autonomous systems highly desirable
- Experience with automated marine systems, ASV/ROV/AUV
- Able to manage schedule and produce all related project documentation including, drawings, status reports, test plans, installation procedures and operations manuals
- Experience designing underwater and/or theme park equipment is a plus
Job Type: Full-time, salaried (exempt)
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Engineering Manager/VP of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including incentive package
Applicants must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies.
Letters of recommendation will be required.