SeaRobotics Corporation is a leading developer and builder of autonomous surface vehicles (ASVs) and other integrated electromechanical systems for marine applications and theme parks. We are looking for a talented weldment fabricator who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our high precision manufacturing team. Our manufacturing team is focused on making high precision parts. The ideal candidate is someone motivated, ambitious, and forward thinking, who can use sound welding fabrication practices to produce precision weldments and structures.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will work closely with engineering and shop staff to fabricate weldments for ASV associated structures and oceanographic sampling equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, models, and verbal direction. You will be responsible for providing input on designs, cost estimates and maintaining the welding area in a clean and safe condition. You will be a critical part of a team that is setting the bar for emerging ocean technologies.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of GTAW, GMAW and SMAW experience working with stainless steel and aluminum
- Must be able to:
- Pass AWS welders’ procedure qualification testing
- Read and interpret drawings and AWS welding symbols
- Cut, bend and fit tubular (round and rectangular) assemblies
- Able to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Team oriented: willing to learn from and teach peers
- Able to adapt to quick changes in schedule
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience operating hydraulic tube/pipe bender
- Experience troubleshooting non-conforming or unexpected result and adjust processes as necessary
- Good understanding of material properties, shrinkage and weld fixturing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stuart, Florida, USA
Reporting To: Shop Supervisor/ Production Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Applicant must be a United States citizen and be able to satisfactorily complete any background check or clearance requirements of relevant United States government agencies